Skip Navigation
Skip to contents

CPP : Cardiovascular Prevention and Pharmacotherapy

Sumissioin : submit your manuscript
SEARCH
Search

Author index

Page Path
HOME > Browse articles > Author index
Search
Jong Dai Kim 1 Article
Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes
Jong Dai Kim, Won-Young Lee
Cardiovasc Prev Pharmacother. 2020;2(3):63-76.   Published online July 31, 2020
DOI: https://doi.org/10.36011/cpp.2020.2.e10
  • 2,578 View
  • 36 Download
Abstract PDF
The number of patients with type 2 diabetes (T2D) is increasing worldwide and that in Korea, particularly, has shown an exponential increase with a rise in the older population. The diabetic population is predicted to soar up to 6 million by 2050. The prevalence of diabetes among Korean adults is approximately 15%, while that of prediabetes is 25%, with a total prevalence of 40%. As 40% of the prediabetes cases subsequently progress to T2D, prevention through proactive interventions at the prediabetes stage is essential to reduce the socioeconomic burden due to T2D and the complications of diabetes. With regard to the prevention of T2D, new findings have been published related to the implementation of lifestyle interventions such as exercise and diet as well as drug treatments and surgeries, which have deepened our understanding of the prevention of T2D. Based on published evidence, this review aimed to examine the methods used in the prevention of diabetes.

CPP : Cardiovascular Prevention and Pharmacotherapy